1 Antibody Way Oceanside, CA 92056
Bayside Solutions is seeking a PI Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in Oceanside, Ca. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide data historian system integration design, configuration and evaluation services for existing facility projects, including upgrades and capacity expansions, equipment upgrading and replacement.
- Perform commissioning and qualification of additional data from multiple connectors and build analysis with notification triggers.
- Lead the production support, optimization and tuning of site data historian and process control historian systems; investigation, root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues; and deliver solutions to resolve operational issues.
- Ensures effective management, maintenance and availability of data historian systems and equipment. Support software and hardware life cycle management efforts to maintain systems.
- Produce and review design drawings and specification documents (URS, FS, DS, etc.).
- Generate, execute, and review design testing, generate and participate in functional specification testing, and perform field inspection services.
- Generate, execute, and review Installation, Operational, Performance Qualification, and Best Practices protocols.
- Adhere to site SOPs and WIs for daily and project deliverables and provide improvements to business processes.
- Maintain training qualifications.
- Adhere to company policies regarding performance management, department time reporting and notification requirements, budget, and expense reporting guidelines.
- Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
- Act as a mentor to develop department’ s skill set with similar or less expertise.
- Other Ad Hoc responsibilities as they arise.
- System Management \ Training
- Engineering, Troubleshooting and Consultation
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Science preferred) and 5 years’ experience, OR Master’ s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Science preferred) and 4 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 5 years OSIsoft PI System data integration and implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years automation focused industry experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry/GMP.
- Extensive knowledge /Experience of System Architecture, data structure and queries, hardware and software development and implementation, and support for OSIsoft PI Data Historian System and PI Asset Framework System.
- Experience with Biopharmaceutical manufacturing, design or/and construction.
- Practical knowledge of distributed control system (DeltaV), Database Administration, networking and System Administration.
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines, experience in generation of controlled documents.
- Qualification experience related to control and computer systems.
- Demonstrate good organizational and time utilization skills.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comply with cGMP requirements (gowning, documentation, and procedures) for performing work within the manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of PC based programs and web-based systems.
- Ability to work most of the time independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with an ability to interact well with a variety of personalities, discipline skills and educational levels.