Oracle Database Administrator
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568 | Direct Hire
Position: Oracle DBA
Client Industry: Retail
Location: East Bay
Terms: Full Time
Bayside Solutions is seeking a mid-level Oracle DBA to be part of our client’ s growing team in East Bay.
Our Company Bio: Founded in 2001, Bayside has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role:
As an Oracle DBA, you will be involved in the technical design and delivery of database installs, integration, maintenance and upgrade of software to the Oracle platform. You will also ensure database integrity and compliance and monitor database utilization and performance metrics as needed along with providing 3rd level production support.
- Research, evaluate, develop and implement Oracle Database Engineering designs and standards following industry and best practices.
- Ensure that current and planned technical solutions are compatible with the company' s business needs and strategic objectives.
- Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement Enterprise Oracle Databases in support of development, test, and production environments
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other IT and Business groups
- Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Oracle certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle 11g and 12c, GRID, RAC and DataGuard
- 5-7 years of experience in system design, implementation and Level 3 support activities
- Strong technical working knowledge and hands-on experience with server hardware and operating systems
- Prior experience with DBVault, Encryption, Masking, Subsetting, High Availability, performance management and capacity planning is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for monitoring and troubleshooting issues in Development and Production environments
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to give and receive correct information, explain difficult information in layman’ s terms and maintain a customer service attitude to all levels of users
- Knowledge of/prior DBA experience with SQL Server and/or MySQL is a plus
- Ability to work independently, provide leadership, guidance and training to others
- Ability to provide accurate estimates of time frames and cost estimates necessary to complete potential projects and develop milestones and project implementation plans