335 DNA Way
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15916
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Operations Manager IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Operations Manager IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The general purpose of the Senior Field Operations Manager (SFOM) role is to provide strategic and tactical sales support to the Hematology Sales Team. As such, this role plays an integral part in the successful promotion of our hematology cancer portfolio, including Rituxan, RITUXAN HYCELA, GAZYVA, and VENCLEXTA, as well as the launch of future NMEs. The SFOM reports to the lead for Hematology Field Sales Operations and works closely with the NSD and sales management and cross functionally with Marketing, FAO, MA&S, MCCO and other partners/stakeholders to help determine, align and oversee implementation of the required resources in the field to support the franchise and its field organization in meeting or exceeding their assigned goals and targets
- Key field support activities can include: regular / ad hoc sales analyses to assess our business, performance and identify national / sub-national opportunities, competitive analysis, customer target identification and segmentation, field territory alignment, field workforce analysis & sizing, field workforce technologies and other tools/resources, field workforce product knowledge and other training etc. Incumbents in the Senior Manager, Field Sales Operations role, as all other employees, are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of activities.
- Demonstrated competencies in strategic agility, technical/business expertise, teamwork/collaboration, communication and innovation are critical for this role. Incumbents in the Senior Manager, Field Sales Operations role are generally expected to:
- Ensure expectations, targets, goals and/or other objectives are met or exceeded across his/her areas of responsibility
- Act, and is accountable for others in his/her team acting, in complete & total compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Provide proactive, high quality and timely support to the HEME franchise; helping to ensure we are in a position to either meet or exceed assigned financial & other goals/results
- Partner with FAO, the sales leadership and the field IC team to develop and implement motivating incentive compensation plans and sales contests.
- Partner with various cross-functional teams and lead through influence in order to represent the sales team and their needs in key projects and decisions.
- Support communications to the field sales team; including performance, incentive compensation, sales data and insights and meeting planning/ coordination.
- Ensure the appropriate resources (people and other) are developed, implemented & maintained within his/her team, as well as for the assigned franchise field workforce; enabling the team to meet or exceed assigned goals & targets in support of the assigned franchise and its field workforce.
- Support data needs for the HEME sales team, ensuring coordinated communications, sharing of insights and responding to questions and inquiries.
- Lead cross-functional teams of varying scope and complexity to deliver on the needs of the franchise and sales organization.
- Utilize only approved resources and messages to meet goals and targets.
- Where assigned, develop his/her team members.
- Participate as and when needed in helping develop the general business and operations pertinent to the assigned franchise or unit - working in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting peer organizations in helping them to excel.
- Periodically spend days in the field to better understand team needs and deliver value.
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
- Average of 5 or more years' work experience
- Previous sales and/or sales management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry is preferred
- Previous marketing experience or analytical support functions (e.g., market planning, market analysis, operations and information management) is preferred
- Previous experience in completing and implementing geographic and/or account business plans is preferred
- Previous experience in meeting or exceeding assigned financial or other qualitative targets, goals, objectives and/or other metrics