5425 NW Fisher Creek Dr Camas, WA 98607 | Contract-to-Hire
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Camas, WA
Industry: Financial Services
We are looking for someone to join the IT team in a privately-held investment management company that manages high-net-worth clients. This is an opportunity to join a growing team within a company that has been in business for over 30 years.
- Install and Configure Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Troubleshoot and debug systems end-to-end
- Manage technical support relationship with our financial software vendors.
- Train, mentor and lead junior system support team members.
- Utilizes design skills to define Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects
- Create, train and manage all necessary documentation including but not limited to system standards, run-books, etc.
- Take ownership of new and/or existing environments including planning upgrades, staying on top of EOL dates and documenting inter-dependencies
- Research software solutions to meet current business needs or to proactively create efficiencies
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- 6+ yrs. experience in supporting an enterprise class infrastructure
- Excellent system design skills
- Experience providing advanced level OS support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Intermediate to advanced level experience using PowerShell and task automation
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and end users with varying levels of technical expertise
- Self-starter who displays a sense of urgency and drives issues through to completion.
- Experience working in a banking, investment management or investment research firm
- Experience supporting portfolio management, compliance, or trading infrastructures
- Knowledge of Financial Services systems such as Order Management Systems (OMS), FIX, TNS, market data providers and crossing systems.
- Understanding of Transaction Network Services for financial data communications
- Understanding of controlled private networks which includes extranets and DMZs