350 DNA Way, SSF35
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16393
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Operational Excellence Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Operational Excellence Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Faster Filing program is currently working on identifying acceleration opportunities to significantly and sustainably reduce the time to file a submission. In doing so, the client' s group has been tasked to facilitate and coach subject matter experts in the filing process to implement within 2019 solutions that contribute to the goal of reducing the overall filing time.
- Update, maintain and develop further key elements of the Operational Intelligence Service Model by:
- Developing and documenting current and future state process maps (level 1 to 4) under BPMN 2.0
- Process mining data, systems, people and process artifacts to ensure enough detail is available for designing the specifications for the new accelerated filing process
- Developing, documenting and achieving sign off of SIPOC, RACI and other similar documents associated with the process maps.
- Facilitate, document and follow up on frequent interviews or micro sprints with SME’ s intended to refine the details of the identified solutions for acceleration
- Co-facilitate, co-develop further workshops/sprints with stakeholders for testing of solution prototypes
- Maintain and sustain the business rhythm with the assigned stakeholders and SME’ s, including keeping track of quality and timeliness of deliverables associated with the project plan
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA or equivalent
- 5 years of experience facilitating workshops, such as Kaizen events or Lean management events or Agile is required
- Team player who is able to deliver, collaborate is required
- Must have proven experience in running global operational excellence projects, aiming at improving the performance of business processes
- Demonstrable Lean management experience is required
- Demonstrable Project Management experience is a must
- Must have worked on significant Lean Six Sigma projects
- Proven experience with stakeholder management, customer facing roles at different levels of the organization (senior leadership AND SME’ s) is a must
- Agile or SCRUM methodology experience; SCRUM master role nice to have
- Project Management Professional or equivalent certification nice to have
- Lean Six Sigma certification; Green Belt desired, Black Belt preferred but not required
- Signavio, Adonis or other professional process modeling experience nice to have
- Nice to have excelling document management practices (documentation in Word, PP, Excel)
- Experience with System/software architecture is preferred.
- Experience with ERP or similar software development projects (design and implementation)
- Travel may be required