Occupational Health Nurse
4625 Northeast Brookwood Parkway Hillsboro, OR 97124
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse to be part of our client’ s team in Hillsboro, Oregon. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Occupational Health Nurse
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the HTO Environment Health and Safety (SHE) Manager, the Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for planning, implementing and managing health and wellness programs and associated regulatory requirements, as well as supporting the site' s overall safety, security and environmental sustainability efforts.
- Programs and services managed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical Surveillance Good Manufacturing Process (CGMP) Screenings, Industrial and Office Ergonomics, OSHA Recordkeeping, Workers' Compensation, care and treatment of work-related injury/illnesses, Electronic Medical Record System (OHM), occupational health and wellness presentations and trainings for departments.
- The Occupational Health Nurse responsibilities include the following:
- Under limited direction, lead the organization' s Health Services including occupational health and employee wellness programs, to ensure regulatory and legal compliance and promote employee well-being at work as well as at home.
- Function as the site' s subject matter expert for occupational health and wellness, OSHA recordkeeping, workers compensation.
- Provide appropriate evaluation and treatment of occupational injuries/illnesses, in consultation with the client’ s outside medical consultant.
- Perform clinical evaluations, first aid treatment of work-related injuries, and function as a nurse care manager.
- Routinely interact with employees, management, internal Health Services counterparts, and outside occupational medicine providers in a consultative role, representing client and applying relevant business acumen.
- Determine real and potential health problems and occupational hazards utilizing data from accident report reviews, OSHA Log, medical case reviews, work-site surveys, and medical surveillance screenings, ergonomic evaluations and injury/illness care.
- Provide occupational health and wellness-related counseling and education.
- Develop and lead occupational health and wellness training.
- Organize and maintain confidential employee medical records including, but not limited to, those in OHM, worker’ s compensation state filings, and OSHA recordkeeping/reporting.
- Possess the necessary communication and technical skills to manage highly confidential employee information and to manage delicate employee health matters such as GMP screening results.
- The occupational health nurse must also possess the technical and communications skills to track progress on Health Services goals and objectives using relevant and effective program management and monitoring processes (e.g. key performance metrics, indicators and scorecards).
- Participate as a member of the 24/7 emergency on-call schedule.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in nursing required.
- Minimum one year in occupational health nursing also required.
- Valid Oregon license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) or nurse practitioner required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification also required.
- Certification as occupational health nurse specialist (COHN-S), completion of hearing conservation and/or spirometry courses preferred.
- Ideal candidate will thrive on challenge and employee interaction; foster an environment of trust, collaboration and learning, and possess an exceptional ability influence all level of audiences.
- Must be a total self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to multi-task and independently develop and drive solutions to problems.
- Must possess strong leadership abilities, effective writing and oral presentation skills, and effective conflict management abilities.