Network Analyst II
2400 Bisso Lane, Suite B Concord, CA 94520
Network Analyst II
Location: Concord, CA
Duration: 6 Months (with possible extension)
We are looking for a talented Network Engineer who possess a significant level of specialized, technical and functional expertise required to effectively manage a major LAN/WAN System(s). You will be reporting into the Network Manager and may provide lead direction to other staff or assume responsibility for coordinating a defined program.
- Performs a variety of complex systems analysis duties in the development, installation, implementation and evaluation of local area, wide area or multi-protocol open data networks
- Analyzes user information system needs; recommends solutions and appropriate technology to meet client needs; and designs systems as appropriate
- Installs, tests and configures network hardware and software
- Provides continuous technical support to users of several hardware components
- Runs server security procedures and capacity reports
- Documents the functionality and requirements of automated information systems; creates user guides and manuals for system users; and assists in training users as needed
- Assists in the preparation of presentations for information systems projects to a variety of internal and external committees
- Contacts vendors for components, technical reference and/or services required for network expansion and maintenance
- Assists in documenting changes, additions, deletions and revisions to network components, wiring and facilities and prepares status reports as required
- Performs preventive maintenance to preclude major network outages or degradation to customer service
- Participates in evaluations of proposed network hardware to ensure compatibility with existing systems.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information processing or a closely related field.
- 4+ years of experience in designing, installing and helping to maintain complex LANs and WANs network acceleration technologies using TCP/IP, UDP and other standard networking protocols using physical layers, bridges, gateways and routers.
- Operational characteristics of various computer programs, networks and software packages
- Advanced network design and configuration; Network security practices and techniques
- Install, administer, and configure routers, switches, (Aruba) firewalls and other network security appliances
Your Competitive Advantage:
- Any one of these certification preferred: BCNE or JCNE, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE