Network Analyst I
2400 Bisso Lane, Suite B Concord, CA 94520 | Contract-to-Hire
Location: Concord, CA
Duration: Contract to Hire
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we' ve built our company around a single concept - relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We' re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
We are looking for a talented Network Administrator to join our Healthcare client. This person will be performing a full range of system administration activities for computer network with mini-computers and multiple Local Area Networks (LAN' s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN' s).
- Monitors and enhances complex computer and communications systems, on-site or remote; develops, designs and implements problem solutions, using standard analysis techniques; and recommends solutions to correct malfunctions
- Installs and configures computer and/or telecommunications hardware and software; and services and maintains equipment
- Designs, develops and implements computer applications for user departments
- Administers remote logins, system securities, data transfers, and remote activities
- Retrieves and downloads/uploads data and assists with transitioning data/operations between systems
- Maintains systems back-ups and control records; assists in the maintenance of files and libraries; creates logical directory structure; and may be responsible for retention and storage of databases
- Capacity planning, technology planning, disaster planning and budgeting required to ensure an efficient, effective, and reliable system
- Directs and coordinates the design, development, acquisition and implementation of computer hardware, software and data communications solutions that will meet the needs of the division
- Project management and change control for all internal system and component changes
- Performs system and user account creation, maintenance, security and removal
- Monitors daily activity on systems, checking for potential problems, resource ability, performance and " load" characteristics, and network integrity; monitors systems activity and usage to maintain a secure environment; and troubleshoots, repairs and provides viable recommendations for resolving problems
- Interfaces with department staff/customers to provide help with hardware or software related questions, network or connectivity questions, and general assistance required regarding the systems, software, and resources
- Keeps current with software releases and updates for all operating systems, applications and e-mail systems, keeping all systems at current release levels, unless directed otherwise
- Evaluates new software under consideration for adoption; reviews available public domain software for possible use; and maintains accurate inventory of licenses and appropriate version/release levels for all applications in use
- Develops and maintains written and on-line documentation, procedures and help files which includes keeping existing documentation current as well as occasionally authoring end-user documentation
- Interfacing with vendors' sales and field services personnel to coordinate normal periodic maintenance and arrange for and monitor equipment repairs and purchases
- 4+ years of full-time professional experience in designing, installing and maintaining complex multi-site Network Server Operating Systems, and LANs using physical layers, bridges, and routers.
- On-site broad-based technical, operational, programming and analytical problem-solving support Installation, maintenance, expansion, and upgrading of software, hardware, networks and peripherals common operating systems