Molecular Biologist, Pharmaceutical Development
1035 O'Brien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Proficient in molecular biology and cell culture techniques; including but not limited to:
- cloning, targeted mutagenesis, bacterial transformation, DNA preps
- culture of mammalian cell lines using sterile techniques, cell transfection/transduction
- DNA/RNA/protein isolation and analysis from cells as well as animal tissues (qPCR, RT-qPCR)
- Support and assist the members of the team, as needed
Position Requirements and Experience:
- At minimum, a bachelor’ s degree in Biomedical Science; preferably with 2+ years of experience working in a biotech company or fast-paced academic research lab.
- Broad knowledge base in cell, molecular biology, and microbiology techniques.
- Expertise in a variety of laboratory techniques such as recombinant DNA technology, including cloning, DNA/RNA/protein isolation and analysis, PCR, RT-qPCR, qPCR, Western-Blot, ELISA is required.
- Expertise in sterile tissue culture techniques including, transfection, transduction, developing and maintaining cell lines.
- Strong technical skills to generate high quality and reproducible data is a must.
- Appropriate data analysis and maintenance of meticulous and accurate records is required.
- Detail oriented and with time management skills.
- Must be proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in a small team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software.