Mid-level Java Engineer
10188 Telesis Ct, Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92121 | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Health care IT
Location: San Diego, CA / Campbell, CA
Position: Java Engineer - (Mid-Level)
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Summary of Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position should have some experience of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. The right candidate will have familiar knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development process and will rely on limited experience and judgment to accomplish job goals.
A good candidate should feel comfortable working under some general direction of more experienced members of the team but to also accomplish tasks by using a certain degree of creativity and resourcefulness. The right candidate should be a strong team player and be able to provide some technical direction to less experienced team members.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’ s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
Must Have Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services and client-server interactions
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Environment management/orchestration systems (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Experience with continuous integration environment and tools
- Experience with highly scalable web services
- Experience with Oracle, PostgresSQL, Mongo development and optimization
- Enterprise data warehousing experience
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)