Medical Communications Scientist IV
350 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Medical Communications Scientist IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Medical Communications Scientist IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Contract Managed Care Medical Communications (MCMC) Scientist is expected to communicate relevant and timely clinical information on our marketed products and compounds in late development.
- More specifically, this position is responsible for communicating effectively with external customers involved in evidence-based healthcare decisions including but not limited to managed care organizations, private and government health plans, third party payors, pharmacy benefit managers, specialty pharmacies, compendia publishers, guideline bodies and technology assessment entities.
- The Contract MCMC Scientist is expected to evaluate and interpret medical literature, abstract and write medical information in various response formats, develop scientific and clinical presentations, and apply managed care concepts and knowledge to customize our services for managed care customers.
- More specifically, an understanding of the comparative effectiveness research (CER) and health technology assessment (HTA) landscape is required, as well as the ability to review, assess and synthesize CER, health outcomes research and pharmacoeconomic evidence.
- Medical information is prepared and communicated using many formats (response documents, formulary dossiers, slide presentations, compendia submissions, web-based media, scientific meetings, etc.).
- Additional tasks and assignments are expected based on business needs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) is preferred. Pharmacy Residency training a plus (e.g., Clinical, Drug Information, Managed Care)
- 1-3 years clinical pharmacy or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 3 years drug information and/or medical writing experience.
- Previous relevant industry work experience, managed care experience strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of all marketed products and compounds in late development within assigned therapeutic area.
- Capable of coverage across all therapeutic areas. Has some understanding of pharma/biotech drug development processes (key functions involved and the path through development and into market). Understanding of regulatory and legal environment and able to apply principles to daily activities. Impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Ability, comfort & commitment in/to operating in a highly regulated environment and industry, which requires understanding of the imperative for compliance with company policies, procedures and other relevant internal or external laws, regulations and the like.
- Advanced understanding of company business practices.
- Developing understanding of multiple customer needs and capable of creating focused responses with assistance.
- Proven abilities to independently and efficiently create and revise written responses, review of promotional and company generated materials.
- Proven abilities to critically evaluate data from multiple sources.
- Proven abilities to independently organize medical communications for launch of new products and/or label extensions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving capabilities and skills.
- Has demonstrated the ability to anticipate and solve problems of moderate complexity and scope.
- Strong attention-to-detail. Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation communications skills. With minimal assistance, can provide information through various communication channels.
- Good interpersonal skills; can effectively and quickly establish rapport with all key internal/external customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Capable of influencing intradepartmental personnel and teams.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills; knows how to make trade-off decisions while balancing ethics and efficacy.
- Works well within teams and is effective in collaborating with others internally and externally.
- Demonstrates abilities to maintain strong collaborations with departmental and company-wide customers.
- Strong customer orientation/focus.
- A history of success and learning from failures to garner future success.