Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Assembly Supervisor to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure every part/assembly meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Ensure all customer due dates are satisfied.
- Develop progressive processes and procedures to ensure the Mechanical Assembly department is on the leading edge of available technologies.
- Implement and manage use of new and existing assembly and test fixtures.
- Collect assembly data to establish accurate run times to manage personnel.
- Work with customers to help them achieve the most efficient part designs and new product development.
- Coordinate manufacturing schedule with other supervisory personnel.
- Evaluate department personnel.
- Mediate and resolve personnel and or shift issues.
- Maintain a safe, clean and professional department.
- Must effectively coordinate projects simultaneously, many with extremely high inventory carrying costs.
- Interacts with all Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Customer Account Managers and departmental personnel as necessary. Also regularly interacts directly with customers on a variety of assembly, engineering and material issues.
- The scope of this job is enormous with many decisions having serious manufacturing implications. Daily use of good judgment is essential to long term business success. Enhanced customer support at this level greatly increases the likelihood of new business
- This position takes direction from the Assembly Division Manager, occasionally the General Manager and supervises the Mechanical Assembly department.
- Requires the ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic.
- Five years of precision sheet metal mechanical / electro-mechanical or very closely related assembly experience is required.
- Three years of lead or supervisory experience, of teams with 10 or more employee is required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience interacting with customers on a variety of assembly, engineering and material issues.
- Ability to multitask successfully while under pressure.
- Must have a basic understanding of all precision sheet metal processes.
- Determine operator skill level and distribute work accordingly.
- Read, understand and teach advanced blueprint reading skills.
- Ability to compose and maintain computer generated spread sheets.