Materials Technician I
305 DNA Way, SSF24 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Materials Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Material Handler I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure distribution satellites are maintained with required inventory levels utilizing FIFO (First In-First Out).
- Assist Lab Services Technicians as necessary.
- Update labware deliveries on request system daily and complete assigned support tasks on time.
- Provide routine updates to Supervisor/leads on progress, status, and issues associated with labware delivery and stock inventory status.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and 5S as assigned.
- Adjust to schedule changes, work overtime as necessary and float between groups as needed to support operations.
- Ensure that all work is completed by end of day. Utilize time wisely to maximize productivity.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and lab staff.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet timeline commitments and inform others of status, issues, and customer requests as necessary.
- Be punctual.
- Adheres to appropriate laws, GNE regulations and programs, and GMP documentation procedures.
- Adhere to safety. Follow safety guidelines as required for your area.
- Maintain own training through CHRIS LSO and attend at least 1 GMP training course per year. Complete training records in a timely manner.
- May operate lab process equipment as necessary.
- Will drive a company vehicle.
- Candidate must have at least a high school degree, or at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and demonstrate strong customer services skills.
- Must possess good problem solving, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have strong initiative and focus on safety, quality, accuracy, and be detail- oriented.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Commit to working 40 hours per week.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- People demonstrating this competency have a drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including individuals outside their own team and functional area to positively impact business performance and optimize the input of those involved.
- Looks for opportunities to help others
- Constructively accepts decisions made that are different than own view
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among colleagues
- Maintains professionalism in the presence of conflict
- Offers productive and relevant views and information to impact decisions and driving for results
- People demonstrating this competency drive for the achievement and improvement of business results, such results being broader in nature and with greater business impact at higher levels in the organization.
- Responds to new requests with appropriate urgency and an organized approach.
- Holds self-accountable to fulfill assigned tasks and achieve results within timelines. Analyzes and learns from mistakes.
- Asks for additional responsibilities or assignments when able.