South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Materials Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Initiates RFQ’ s (request for quotes) process daily and as assigned. Manage timely receipt of quotes from vendors.
- Update requisitions with delivery dates/lead times, and relevant notes or blocking comments; information necessary to communicate status of material.
- Sources materials from a list of preferred vendors.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships. Update purchasing info records related to sourcing activities.
- Processes POs (Purchase Order) in a timely manner and obtain PO acknowledgements from Suppliers.
- Update POs with delivery dates/lead times, and relevant notes necessary to communicate status of material.
- Monitors open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries (OTD), alert Storeroom, Planning, and/or management as needed of any potential issues.
- Utilizes MRP System to procure materials consistent with quality and delivery expectations.
- Tracks in-transit material as required identifying and addressing any potential delivery issues.
- Reviews and execute Return-to-Vendor requests as required. Manage process to ensure credit memos or replacement materials are received.
- Addresses invoice resolution activities in a timely manner related to blocked/parked invoices.
- Timely resolution of POs in blocked status “ problem POs”.
- Review and resolve non-conformances, packing slip and certificate of compliance issues in a timely manner.
- Resolution with internal partners and external suppliers required.
- Communicates/escalates any engineering or quality changes observed to vendors and company groups for evaluation.
- SubmitS technical support “ Tech Support” requests as required when master data discrepancies are identified.
- Helps manage and communicate vendor performance to ensure on time deliveries and adherence to quality specifications.
- Responsible for understanding all areas of the business rules involving order processing, inventory, purchasing,
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and related accounting impacts to operations.
- Works closely with other Buyers, Inventory Analyst, & Receiving to maintain adequate inventory levels and customer satisfaction.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in buying/planning aspects of an integrated ERP environment, preferably with SAP.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Purchasing and Vendor Management.
- Associates degree preferred or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supply Chain or Material Management experience, with spare parts knowledge a plus.
- Professional certifications (CPIM, CSCP, ISM, APICS) preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard concepts and practices in Purchasing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such material masters, material specifications, material drawings, vendor certificates, etc. Identify assembly versus components of an assembly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various MRP types and impact to inventory level
- Ability to write routine correspondence with vendors.
- Ability to accurately describe technical or material master discrepancies observed between company requirements and vendor supplied materials.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers, vendors, and internal partners.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.