410 Allerton Ave, SSF29 South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Materials Operations supervisor, the Materials Specialist is responsible for the accurate receipt, verification, record keeping, distribution, and shipment of materials and goods.
- Acceptance of incoming materials by ensuring paperwork is accurate and materials are received in good conditions
- Prepare receiving documents.
- Route receiving information.
- Prepare outgoing shipments.
- Observe proper handling.
- Storage and/or temperature requirements.
- Provide for internal distribution of Good Manufacturing Practices materials to company facilities.
- Pack materials for proper shipping conditions.
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Prepare manifests for hazardous materials.
- Perform x-ray scanning of packages.
- Process and receive radioactive materials.
- Apply proper placards.
- Perform campus pick-ups of outgoing shipments.
- Apply asset tags to capital equipment.
- Maintain equipment and work areas for cleanliness.
- Operate material handling equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Independently follows.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice procedures.
- Clearly understands the importance of accurate GMP documentation.
- Observe all health and safety guidelines.
Summary of Qualifications:
- College level coursework preferred.
- Material handling and/or warehousing experience required.
- Previous experience in a leadership role/responsibilities preferred.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and demonstrate strong customer services skills.
- Must possess good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid California driver’ s license; Class B and HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Must have strong initiative and focus on safety, quality, accuracy, and be detail oriented.
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling helpful.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.