5941 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Handler to be part of our client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming materials, services, and supplies by unpacking and checking goods against purchase orders and packing slips, and completing transactions in the ERP system.
- Ensures proper documentation is received for incoming raw materials (Certificates of Analysis, MSDS); establishes and maintains files for documentation from suppliers.
- Labels and transfers approved material to appropriate temperature controlled storage locations.
- Establishes an organized system and maintains raw material, consumable, and retained product inventories for manufacturing, managing both the physical storage of items and the electronic tracking systems.
- Verifies raw material expiration dates, ensures adequate shelf-life for the life of the finished product, and manages the disposition of expired raw goods.
- Pulls and issues material for manufacturing work orders.
- Performs and/or assists in cycle count activities.
- Monitors reorder points to ensure sufficient inventory levels for consumables, and initiates requisitions to keep stock at sufficient levels.
- Completes electronic transactions in the company-wide ERP system, including receipts and work order completion.
- Prepares documents, instructions, and other required paperwork for shipping as needed.
- Assists manufacturing team with fill and finish, and final assembly activities.
- Collaborates with Reagent Manufacturing’ s customers to help maintain shared, temperature-controlled storage space.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A biotechnology certificate, college level molecular biology coursework or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience with material handling/inventory control in a biotech/pharmaceutical/clinical laboratory manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with computerized ERP systems for inventory management.
- Successful track record who must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of chemical handling and laboratory safety.
- Proven math skills including unit of measure conversions.
- Skilled with Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to maintain open, effective communication with coworkers, managers, and non-laboratory personnel.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds.