21 Pimentel Court Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Handler I to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Material Handler I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Material Handler I will be responsible for sampling, weighing, and dispensing raw materials to produce buffer, solution, and media kits for manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for receiving and verifying materials and ensuring that material storage locations are properly stocked and maintained.
- Receives, verifies and coordinates raw material receipts and returns from warehouses to manufacturing facilities and vice versa.
- Contact for raw material issues and reconciliation.
- Coordinates and reconciles raw materials that are in Quarantine.
- Performs audit of commonly used items to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Coordinates a removal of expired raw materials and expired in-process inventory.
- Maintains accurate inventory records for approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies.
- Performs cycle counts of approved GMP material inventory as assigned using ERP system.
- Complies with EHS&S safety guidelines, especially those directly related to the operation of warehousing equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Performs pre-weigh for Kitting of buffers, solutions, and media.
- Performs sampling of raw material chemicals.
- Maintains warehouses and sub-inventory areas in an audit ready state.
- Complies with cGMP Documentation, Practices and Regulations.
Transports and distributes approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies to the designated manufacturing facilities.
- Assists with SOP and Work Instruction updates as required.
- Provides suggestions for process improvements and participate in implementation.
- Manages Kanban system to support manufacturing operations.
- Required to work in a clean room environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma required.
- 1-2 years experience in a GMP warehousing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge in Oracle EBS, CMMS, GCDL and LabWare LIMS system or similar operating database.
- Experience in continuous improvements.
- Working knowledge of desktop computers essential.
- Shift schedule is Sunday-Wednesday 7: 00am to 6: 00pm (4 x 10 hour shifts).