1360 OâBrien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Handler to be part of our client’ s team in Menlo Park. This an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate to join a rapidly growing company. This individual will be responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, and supplies of the company.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against packing lists, purchase orders and invoices; assists in maintaining records of received goods
- Examines, stocks to inventory, and distributes materials to the development laboratories
- Maintains organized and accurate material inventory, rotates stock to manage shelf life, and ensures materials are organized in a manner that supports ongoing operations
- Packages materials and coordinates couriers for outbound shipments
- Maintains current training records, follows and complies with all relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Complies with safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment
- Provides support in general facility operations
The ideal candidate for this position must:
- Have experience working in a similar role in a biotechnology company, including handling, packaging and shipping of sensitive cryopreserved materials
- Be able to lift 50 lbs routinely and perform tasks while standing for extended periods
- Be reliable, with a stable work history
Education & Skills
- Must have at least three years relevant experience
- Must be organized, accountable, customer focused, and able to multitask
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and have a documented work history of being productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Prior experience performing similar duties in a GMP manufacturing environment preferred