1360 OÃ¢ÂÂBrien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Handler to be part of our client’ s team in Menlo Park. This is an opportunity to work with a fully integrated commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases through innovative gene therapies.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Unpacks and checks goods received against packing lists, purchase orders and invoices; assists in maintaining records of received goods
- Examines, stocks to inventory, and distributes materials to the development laboratories
- Maintains organized and accurate material inventory, rotates stock to manage shelf life, and ensures materials are organized in a manner that supports ongoing operations
- Packages materials and coordinates couriers for outbound shipments
- Maintains current training records, follows and complies with all relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Complies with safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment
- Provides support in general facility operations
Summary of Qualifications:
- Have experience working in a similar role in a biotechnology company, including handling, packaging and shipping of sensitive cryopreserved materials
- Be able to lift 50 lbs routinely and perform tasks while standing for extended periods
- Be reliable, with a stable work history
- Must have at least three years relevant experience
- Must be organized, accountable, customer focused, and able to multitask
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and have a documented work history of being productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Prior experience performing similar duties in a GMP manufacturing environment preferred