1555 Adams Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Direct Hire or Contract-to-Hire
Menlo Park, CA
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Material Handler supports all aspects of inventory control, including but not limited to shipping, receiving, cycle counts, control of stockrooms and distribution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moves material through the production cycle.
- Issue materials as required to support manufacturing and R&D requirements
- Maintain organized and accurate material inventory to support manufacturing and R&D
- Maintain lot control for all components issued from controlled storage areas
- Ship finished product as requested by Customer Service
- Ship miscellaneous packages upon request
- Maintain components to support production build schedule
- Understands and maintains departmental procedures
- Maintains all aspects of inventory control
- Maintains visibility to company strategies and supports businesses inventory objectives.
- Complies with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years of operations & manufacturing experience in a medical device and FDA regulated environment
- Class III medical device experience a plus.
- Expertise with MS Office applications.
- ERP/MRP experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communications and time management skills required
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Physical Requirements – Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Working Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).