Material Handler-Inventory Control
10808 Willow Court San Diego, CA 10808
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Handler-Inventory Control to be part of our client’ s team in San Diego. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Material Handler-Inventory Control
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the manual assembly of blood screening kits according to manufacturing instructions.
- Handling of temperature-sensitive, semi-finished goods for the use in blood bank kits
- Performing ERP transactions
- Performing daily cycle count activities
- Verify materials for manufacturing work orders
- Operate manual and motorized warehouse equipment
- Maintain training procedures
- General packaging area housekeeping
- Maintain detailed and accurate device history records and log books
- Perform routine set-up of packaging station
- Follows all safety rules; enter cold/frozen environments
- Maneuver pallets and equipment
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy
- Track labor hours for process orders
Summary of Qualifications:
- Typically requires high school diploma
- 0-2 years related experience
- Zero to basic knowledge of ERP system
- Basic knowledge of GMP
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Basic computer knowledge and use of email
- Basic organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive standing, walking, bending and lifting
- Basic mathematical skills required
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visually inspect components and final kits for compliance and specifications.
- Close vision (20 inches or less) will be utilized and some color identification will be required.
- Frequently required to stand; sit, use hands/fingers to handle or feel;
- Reaching, bending, stooping or kneeling, talking or hearing.
- Operators may be required to walk for a considerable amount of time.
- May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 55 pounds in weight, and/or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 25 pounds in weight frequently or continuously.
- May move objects and/or materials using carts, lift trucks or pallet jacks.