10808 Willow Court
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16342
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Material Handler II to be part of our client’ s team in San Diego. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Material Handler II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing a variety of tasks in a warehouse environment involving shipping, receiving, storing and distributing materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Typically includes competencies of Material Handler I position plus:
- Performing ERP transactions such as material issuance and goods receipt
- Direct interaction with internal customers
- Investigate inventory discrepancies
- Follows all safety rules
- Follows general warehouse rules and policies
- Enters cold/frozen environments
- Building, configuring, maneuver bulk shipping containers
- Maneuver pallets and equipment
- Participate in manufacturing and distribution activities
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy
- Adheres to target shipping and manufacturing deadlines
Summary of Qualifications:
- Typically requires a high school diploma or AA with related experience
- 2-4 years in related experience with high school diploma or 0-2 years related experience with AA
- Basic knowledge of ERP system
- Basic knowledge of GMP requirements
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Basic computer knowledge and use of email
- Basic organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic mathematics skills required
- Basic knowledge of warehouse functionalities
- Occupational Demands:
- May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 55 pounds in weight, and/or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 25 pounds in weight frequently or continuously.
- Additional requirements may include providing assistance to another employee in lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise manipulating objects 100 pounds or greater in weight.
- May move objects and/or materials using carts, lift trucks or pallet jacks.
- Repetitive standing, walking, bending and lifting