Master MRO Parts Technician
1 Antibody Way Oceanside, CA 92056
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Master MRO Parts Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Oceanside. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Master MRO Parts Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of equipment parts and consumable materials in support of maintenance, manufacturing, quality control, and process development groups.
- Responsible for assisting and providing leadership for MRO Parts Technicians and contract staff.
- Support day to day MRO stockroom operations.
- Assist and provide leadership for MRO Parts Technicians consistent with Genentech values and supervisory instructions.
- Manage work as directed by the supervisor and report status and issues to the lead or supervisor in a timely manner.
- Manage MRO Storeroom projects as assigned.
- Assist MRO supervisor in the management of key metrics (KPI’ s) or PHI’ s.
- Work with local and global procurement to enhance vendor relationships, services and manage agreements with vendors.
- Utilizing SAP, publish PHI and monthly metrics illustrating performance against agreed upon compliance standards for productivity and efficiency.
- Optimize and maintain SAP material masters as needed.
- Assist MRO buyer planner with MRP and demand look ahead to assure materials are available for staging.
- Utilizing SAP identify, track and receive materials.
- Assist mechanics and technicians with identifying and acquiring parts, materials and resources.
- Perform inventory cycle count and root cause analysis functions as required
- Using SAP, provide routine and ad hoc reports analyzing material usage for budgetary and reliability purposes.
- Develop reports, prepare metrics and/or analyze data as needed. Must be able pull data, perform analysis and develop comprehensive reports with minimal supervision.
- Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed.
- Immediately reports safety and environmental incidents including injuries, illnesses, near misses, and safety suggestions.
- Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
- Schedule may include a non-rotating 4-day (10 hour shift), one weekend day, evening or night hours, or full off-shift hours.
- Expected to be on feet for 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Climb upwards of 6 flights of stairs a day to maneuver within the manufacturing facility.
- Lift up to 40lbs may be required.
- May require gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots to enter manufacturing suites.
- No makeup or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
- Work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school graduate, college degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience working with maintenance management systems.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a large parts department in a manufacturing or facilities (MRO) environment.
- APICS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), SAP PM and IM experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within an MRO environment, experience with biotech or medical device is a plus
- Familiarity with materials and tools used in the biotech manufacturing facility.
- Experience in a parts supply house or commercial/industrial hardware store.
- Ability to identify industrial machinery components (pumps, motors, belts, actuators, bearings, gaskets, seals, etc.)
- Ability to understand nomenclature for industrial parts and equipment.
- Familiarity with computer OS and proficiency with applications such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office as well as SAP.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prepare reports using the computerized inventory management system.
- Customer service skills emphasizing the ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that may require handling multiple tasks at any given time. Ability to process transactions and receipts in an accurate manner.
- Full understand of cycle counting and root cause analysis for discrepancy resolution.