Master Calibrations Technician
6755 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Master Calibrations Technician to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Master Calibrations Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepares, reviews and tests calibration and configuration reports for equipment and calibration record setup to ensure equipment calibration requirements are completely and properly documented in the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM).
- Develops training material and provides training to other technicians or contractors in calibration concepts and procedures.
- Develops and delivers advanced troubleshooting training for on-site equipment to other technicians.
- Monitors, coordinates technician activities, and work scheduling, to ensure all work is completed on time and without error.
- Establishes work priorities to meet compliance and customer service needs.
- Reviews and provides final approval (closing) on technician work orders. Leads and mentors other Instrumentation Techs on team initiatives such as 5S, continuous improvement activities (CIAs), and maintenance best practice initiatives.
- Develops or guides the development of metrics and information to be used in root cause analysis (RCA) meetings. Actively participates in and lead RCA meetings to identify and resolve calibration and equipment issues on a real time basis and improve business performance. Extensive understanding of equipment start-up and project support.
- Working knowledge of schematics, drawings, and ISA symbols & numbering. Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and repair process instrumentation.
- Demonstrated leadership, conceptual and analytical thinking skills as well as integrity.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Assists management in scheduling daily work, developing work schedule and coordinating jobs and projects within department.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and mentoring others as needed. Performs calibrations of inspection, measurement, and test equipment (process control and automation instrumentation) according to detailed calibration work instructions, including some unique and highly complex instrumentation
- Requires a strong electrical, mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Communicates results as required by SOP and lead identification of root cause and remediation of failures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, detail orientation and the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Maintains equipment by providing troubleshooting to ensure equipment performance is reliable and meets expectations.