6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Executes fundamental unit operations in Upstream (Cell Culture) manufacturing related to the manufacturing of bulk drug substance in a multi-product facility. Performs duties under limited supervision and according to standard operating and manufacturing procedures.
- Executes independently with adequate training non-complex fundamental operations as parts cleaning, weigh and dispense, equipment prep, kits assembly, and staging. Performs internal support duties including stocking consumables/materials, updating controlled SOP binders, appropriately discarding expired reagents, recognizing and reporting process and equipment anomalies.
- Executes with oversight of qualified staff fundamental tasks as CIP and SIP of BR' s, tanks, manufacturing equipment as well as media and transfer into tanks and bags
- Daily analytics and maintenance of analytical equipment. Cleaning and setup of equipment.
- Documents work according to cGMP and cGDP.
- Adheres to established regulations and follows cGMP established by site.
- Reports abnormalities and deviations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adheres to safety standards and identifies unsafe situations / habits and escalates appropriately.
- Maintains production areas according to predefined standards (5s).
- Keeps own training on track and trains other technicians and associates on operations.
- Contributes to Quality activities as investigations and area walk-throughs.
- Requires a High School Diploma or associates degree with (1) year closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or chemicals manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with established GMP procedures and bulk manufacturing is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing systems, methods and procedures. Understanding of purification/cell culture processes.
- Possess effective troubleshooting skills with equipment and/or process.