2 Corporate Drive, 2nd Floor
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15913
South San Francisco, CA
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician/Associate, reporting to Head of Manufacturing. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
This job is performed in a temperature-controlled facility without exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures. Generally, this job is performed in a clean laboratory setting and routinely uses standard medical and research equipment such as centrifuges, biosafety cabinets, microscopes, incubators, chromatography devices and columns, tangential-flow filtration devices and filters, peristaltic pumps and metering fill pumps, pipettes and computers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood, viruses, bacteria, body fluids and other tissues. Employees entering and leaving the laboratory must wear appropriate clothing and protective equipment such as lab coats, glasses, and gloves. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires employees to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Required to have close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to handle more than one task at a time and must work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must be able to gown-in and – out for clean room activities and perform manipulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in biological science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in clinical processing and/or cell culture operations preferably in a GMP environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with cell culture and aseptic/closed system processing
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of GMP and GTP regulations