Manufacturing Process Technician I
10808 Willow Court San Diego, CA 94608
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Process Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in San Diego. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Process Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing manufacturing & assembly of clinical and commercial products.
- Weighs, measures, and checks raw materials and/or manufacturing parts to assure that batches manufactured contain proper ingredients & quantities.
- Follows all safety rules.
- Maintains accurate & complete training records Understands & executes written procedures in accordance with cGMPs Operates basic filling equipment Maintains detailed & accurate device history records Completes and forwards device history records for review in a timely manner Operates pipetman Stocks laboratory with supplies; cleans laboratory, to include lab ware, storage totes, equipment, shelves, benches & sinks and removes trash Operates Luminometer and performs calibration.
- Assists with material handling and staging of materials for process orders Receives and verifies the accuracy of materials transferred from the Warehouse May perform material and labor transactions in the ERP System May be responsible for flushing water ports and eyewash stations Applies labels according to SOP' s and performs refrigerator/freezer maintenance.
- Prepare cleaning solutions.
- Perform or verify daily, weekly & monthly cleaning procedures.
- Place samples and/or finished goods in appropriate storage areas & notify appropriate departments for pick up (Warehouse and QC).
- Maintain accurate inventory of materials, supplies & reagents.
- Recommend revisions to device master records and SOP' s as needed.
- Operate basic lab equipment.
- Perform routine set up, cleaning and operation of complex filling equipment.
- Tend distilled water ports.
- Assist/maintain instrument verification and calibration.
- Perform decontamination of lab supplies/assay waste and biological waste (human serum).
- Stage materials for process orders & perform timely & accurate completion of ERP transactions (labor and material transactions).
- Fill material requisitions.
- Perform cycle counts of materials and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Maintain equipment in a calibrated state by performing simple calibration activities.
- Initiate Mechanic Work Service Request Forms.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Requires High School and 2-4 years' related experience or AA and 0-2 years' related experience.
- Good understanding of recordkeeping & mathematics.
- Working knowledge of basic laboratory science, procedures, techniques, instruments & equipment Knowledge of current GMP' s Blood Borne Pathogen training Basic computer knowledge May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 25 pounds in weight, and/or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 10 pounds in weight frequently or continuously.
- Name top five most important skill sets needed for this position:
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions (English).
- Ability to properly operate equipment and instrumentation, facilitate generation and collection of accurate process data.
- Ability to generate legible, neat, and accurate process documentation.
- Ability to stand, reach, grip, grasp, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and push or pull over 50 lbs. occasionally.