Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician
1000 New Horizons Way, VAC09 Vacaville, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Vacaville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
- Summary of Responsibilities:
- As a member of our world-class manufacturing team at the client’ s Vacaville site, you' ll be responsible for producing innovative biotherapeutic medicines for patients with serious or life- threatening medical conditions.
- In addition to specific departmental responsibilities below, you will be responsible for compliance to safety requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing documentation.
- Your job will include interfacing with highly automated production systems and controls, and maintaining areas in a high state of inspection preparedness.
- Within the Cell Culture Manufacturing department, you will: Take an active role in the production of mammalian cell-based products by cleaning, sterilizing and operating fixed vessel systems for media preparation, cell culture fermentation, and harvest operations.
- In our Purification Operations Group, you will: Operate and clean fixed tank and filtration systems, and operate large scale column chromatography systems.
- In the Cell Culture Services department, you will: Operate the small-scale cell culture areas and systems by operating, cleaning, setting up, and maintaining 20L batch re-feed bioreactors; inoculating and maintaining spinner seed cultures using aseptic techniques, maintaining cell banks; and performing general seed lab operations.
- In our Centralized Manufacturing Services department, you will: Provide support to Manufacturing and Quality departments to meet production demands by operating the Distributed Control System (DCS) via a Human Machine Interface (HMI) for equipment operation, performing CIP and SIP for all portable tanks, assembling and preparing 20 liter bioreactors, autoclaving solutions, weighing and dispensing dry components and liquid aliquots, gathering, processing and delivering labware and glassware while providing quality service.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum of a HS Diploma is required. Nice to have, but not required are a AS/BS/BA in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering. Or an equivalent combination of some college education with a focus in science and related work experience.
- Pre-employment medical physical is required if selected.
- You must possess good interpersonal, communication and team skills, have a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- You must be able to work a non-rotating 4-day, 10 hour shift that includes one weekend day, and day, evening or night hours, on off-shifts.
- Requires overtime as needed.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with computer-based systems is desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.