301 DNA Way
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15389
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the Shared Manufacturing Services (SMS) department by working effectively within the group to meet department goals, objectives and tasks to achieve the desired results.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks.
- Work with Supervisor and
- Lead to prioritize tasks and assignments and make recommendations to maximize efficiency and productivity based on shift needs.
- Follow department policies and adhere to the client’ s Good Document Practices. Support the SMS values of Execution, Unity, and Resilience.
- This position requires working within a cGMP facility and the technician will be required to wear a plant dedicated uniform (polyester) and a full coverall (Tyvek – flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers) over the plant uniform.
- No makeup or nail polish is allowed when gowned.
- Technician must be able to use hand sanitizer (alcohol), hair/beard covers, and be comfortable with working with and around powered industrial trucks (motorized pallet jacks).
- Technician must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Technician must have a high standard for safety and the highest level of attention to detail
- This is not a lab environment. Workers will perform labor intensive tasks daily.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school degree with some college-level course work in biological science, physical sciences or at least 2 years of relevant experience; BA/BS in life/physical sciences or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess good problem solving, mechanical aptitude, interpersonal communication and team skills.
- Must be a self-starter with strong focus on quality, details and results.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to be flexible in work assignments, work weekends, off shifts and overtime as required.
- Possess proficiency in business applications including inventory control systems.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.