1 Antibody Way, OCN351
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15664
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Oceanside. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing duties in the materials management function (pre-weigh, shipping, receiving and delivery of non-GMP materials).
- Loads, unloads and/or conveys materials throughout the organization, performs a combination of tasks which may include shipping and/or receiving. Materials maybe of a hazardous/ controlled nature requiring regulatory endorsements prior to handling.
- Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials; prepares records of materials shipped and boxes, and prepare parts and tooling for special shipment.
- May develop reports or prepare metrics.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing duties within Materials Operations.
- Computer system/ERP knowledge, SAP.
- Work Environment/Physical Demands/Safety Considerations Schedule could include a non-rotating 4-day (12 hour shift), one weekend day, evening or night hours, or off-shift hours. Work on holidays may be required. (site is open 24/7/365) Expected to be on feet for 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Climb upwards of 6 flights of stairs a day to maneuver within the manufacturing facility.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Education and Experience Associate Degree and 1 year experience or HS and 2-4 years experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in warehouse or GMP regulated environment
- Move and storing cGMP and/ or non-cGMP materials.
- Monitor critical equipment information.
- Comply with safety requirements cGMP, SOP and manufacturing documentation.
- Delivering and distributing dispensed material.
- Receive non-GMP materials and goods.
- Account accurately for items in SAP.
- Deliver accordingly to customers.
- Manage GMP Inventory, control materials, issue to manufacturing. Utilize SAP per WM Material Handler Security roles.
- Safely Drive department MHE and perform basic preventive maintenance duties for material handling equipment (forklifts) including visual inspections and logbook documentation.
- Handling of disinfectants, irritants, toxicants, and hazardous materials. For example; Vesphene, LpHse, Tetramethylammonium chloride (TMAC), Methotrexate (MTX), Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, Sodium Phosphate Dibasic, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Phosphoric Acid, Hydrochloric Acid, Glacial Acetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethanol, Isopropyl Alcohol
- Ability to operate materials handling equipment; pallet jack, drum picker, fixed and mobile drum lifters, forklifts (mobile IBC lifter, walkie-stackie)
- Distribution of dispensed materials (transferring IBCs, intermediate bulk containers, up to ~ 400 Kg gross weight)
- Adhering to all cGMPs, Genentech policies, and SOPs.
- Ability to use automated and paper based documentation systems.
- Adhering to batch instructions (if necessary) and standard operating procedures as required.
- Maintaining and accurately complete batch documentation.
- Manage inventory of equipment parts and consumable materials in support of process development, maintenance, manufacturing, quality control and other related areas utilizing industry wide standard inventory control practices.
- Maintain Kanbans for various customers.
- Perform routine clerical duties including data entry, answering telephones and assisting over? the counter customers.
- All employees with jobs that require access to the Warehouse must be able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment (STA).
- Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed.
- Immediately reports safety and environmental incidents including injuries, illnesses, near misses, and safety suggestions.
- Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
- Supplementary Responsibilities Receive, inspect and document non-GMP standard stock items in accordance with department and SOPs.
- Track post incoming general merchandise by entering information into an automated database.
- Deliver packages and maintain accurate and complete documentation in delivery logbooks.
- Collect non-Gmp materials for shipping and provide assistance with packaging, labeling and shipping documentation.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance duties for material handling and delivery equipment and/or vehicles including visual inspections, logbook documentation and routine mechanical procedures.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Familiarity of computer-based systems.
- Prior experience in batch making or processing preferred.
- Prior experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or chemical manufacturing environment.
- Prior training in chemicals/powder handling/ dispensing, and good laboratory methods/ practices.