Manufacturing Associate I
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in Fremont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Executes, with oversight of qualified staff, complex unit operations including but not limited to batching and inoculation of bioreactors, operation of bioreactors, process monitoring, and harvest operations.
- Executes independently with adequate training fundamental operations:
- CIP/SIP of bioreactors, tanks, and harvest equipment.
- Media preparation and transfer into tanks and disposables.
- Cell inoculation and transfer.
- Daily analytics and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- May be required to support parts cleaning and weigh and dispense operations.
- Performs internal support duties including stocking consumables/materials, updating controlled SOP binders, appropriately discarding expired reagents, recognizing and reporting process and equipment anomalies.
- Documents work according to cGMP and cGDP.
- Adheres to established regulations and follows cGMP established by site.
- Reports abnormalities and deviations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adheres to safety standards and identifies unsafe situations / habits and escalates appropriately.
- Maintains production areas according to predefined standards (5s).
- Maintains own training within compliance and trains other technicians and associates on operations upon completion of trainer qualification.
- Contributes to Quality activities as investigations and area walk-throughs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school degree plus minimum one (1) year work experience in GMP regulated industry
- Associates/Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution or biotechnology vocational training preferred.
- One (1) or more years of experience in cGMP regulated industry.
- Ability to concentrate on detail oriented work in a complex technical setup with a Quality and Right the first time mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with computer-based systems and ideally experience with process control systems (e.g. Delta V) and Manufacturing execution systems (MES).
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and work instructions and document work in a written format applying cGMP standards.