Manufacturing Associate I
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in the Fremont area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of media and stock solutions that are transferred from tank to bag or tank to tank in order to support cell culture main operations to facilitate proper cellular growth per SOP.
- Able to follow SOP’ s to perform routine cleaning activities of parts and equipment using manual cleaning methods, designated parts washers, Clean-In-Place (CIP) and COP(Clean-Out-Of-Place) systems.
- Collect rinse water samples and performing swabs on required equipment for testing.
- Execute proper documentation and measures to initiate changing over of parts and equipment to be released for use.
- Performs a majority of operations in a cGMP clean room environment.
- Practices ergonomic safety and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in all operations.
- Documents execution of operations through the Bio Manufacturing Execution System (BioMES), batch record and equipment use logbook using Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Interchanging between electronic and paper documentation procedures.
- Performs internal support duties including stocking consumables/materials, updating controlled SOP binders, appropriately discarding expired reagents, recognizing and reporting process and equipment anomalies.
- Reports any issues related to manufacturing performance, process and safety to the team lead or Manager in order to ensure safety and compliance with regulations and cGMPs and to facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Participates in training and development opportunities in order to gain an understanding of SOPs.
- Performs routine housekeeping of the manufacturing plant using the 5S organization methodology by using appropriate equipment safety signage, labeling of parts-in-process, sweeping water pools to the floor drain, and picking up parts from the floor.
- Collaborates within team and department in order to follow best practices and meet department goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent plus four (4) years closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or chemicals manufacturing environment.
- Associates Degree with a minimum of two (2) years closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or chemicals manufacturing environment; or a Bachelors’ degree, preferably in a science or engineering field is preferred with 1+ years of GMP experience.
- Experience working with established GMP procedures and bulk manufacturing.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing systems, methods and procedures.
- Understanding of cell culture processes. Possess effective troubleshooting skills with equipment and/or process.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and work well in small work groups.
- Must be able to assist in trouble shooting activities and repairs to production equipment under the guidance of more experienced technicians.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills, including the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversions.
- Detail oriented. Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and follow written instructions.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Experiences in related biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- Must be able to learn and perform basic computer operations such as MS Office and Outlook and other computer based software.
- Preferred skills include experience in: Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Mammalian cell culture, Bio Manufacturing Execution System (BioMES), Process Control System DeltaV, Laboratory Management Information System (LIMS).
- Requires physical activity such as almost constant standing, walking, eyestrain, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Works regularly under desirable conditions with some moderately disagreeable conditions in the manufacturing setting.
- Position requires constant use of computer terminals and routine / repetitive work.
- Requires concentration as errors might cause minor to moderate delays, confusion, or expense to correct; the position has some contact with other departments and the associate must be able to discuss issues and ideas with an open mind and even temper.