5350 Horton Street Bldg. CMF
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16047
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in Emeryville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This manufacturing associate position is responsible for the production of recombinant antigens, peptides and/or buffers.
- Provides necessary support for all production activities associated with the Antigen production work.
- Operates complex antigen production equipment
- Participates in equipment and process qualification and troubleshooting
- Maintains the production areas and all equipment in clean and orderly operating condition in accordance with cGMP, ISO and quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for 5S duties related to maintenance of the manufacturing labs.
- Maintain safe work environment complying with biohazard and chemical safety procedures.
- Performs all manufacturing operations under cGMP/ISO requirements.
- Adheres to valid manufacturing procedures and documentation.
- Performs legible, clear and concise data entry into batch records, logbooks, and all other ancillary controlled forms used in a cGMP process.
- Completes all training documentation within a pre-defined timeframe.
- Analyzes in-process samples generated from production activities as needed.
- Completes all required documentation for proper traceability of a production lot.
- Operates a variety of basic lab equipment (pH meters, balances, centrifuges, and spectrophotometers) as well as more sophisticated equipment such as multiple fermenter.
- Performs standard laboratory operations including dispensing chemicals, volumetric and gravimetric measurements, making accurate dilutions and preparing buffers and solutions.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor’ s degree in one of the biological or physical sciences.
- 1 to 3 years' of experience in a GMP environment.
- Experience following SOPs.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in SAP is a plus.
- Computer knowledge required. Experience with Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, able to document work accurately, excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with preparation of reagents following manufacturing instructions.
- Deliver quality products and services on time to all customers, internal and external.
- Must be attentive to detail and effectively manages time.
- Independent thinking and considers the overall impact of our product for internal and external customers.
- Monitor processes and products to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Track and order raw materials for department from the warehouse.
- Restock lab drawers.
- Able to lift and push up to 35 lbs.