781 Lincoln Avenue
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16116
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Center of Operational Excellence WWRD Manager to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Center of Operational Excellence WWRD Manager:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage the full project lifecycle for WWR&D business optimization projects from initiation to closure using appropriate project management methodology
- Ensure business optimization projects are tracking to key deliverable and milestone timelines
- Build plans, schedules, resource demands, and ensuring adherence for business adoption, project scope, resourcing and funding; Manage all artifacts associated with the project lifecycle
- Handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Communicate project objectives, plans and timelines and status to the cross-functional teams
- Manage project related tasks, maintain and track high quality integrated project plans and dashboards for reporting and decision making
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define requirements, map processes lead business analysis and implement solutions
- Facilitate business process/future state design session workshops
- Address roadblocks, issues and/or risks to process improvement initiatives, including assessing alternative approaches and communicating timeline or resource adjustments
- Ensure business improvement and change management programs are executed on time and with high quality output
- Establish project metrics and communicate project progress
- Assist with compiling reports, presentations and communications for internal stakeholders
- Manage agendas, minutes, logistics and preparation for meetings with stakeholders
- Partner or consult with teams and functions to conduct business optimization and/or process analysis in order to identify gaps and develop actionable response strategies
- Apply continuous improvement tools and methodologies, such as root cause analysis, process mapping, RACI, lessons learned, and “ Voice of the Customer” analysis to business problems in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with WWRD business areas to conduct business optimization assessments of potential areas of improvement such as process and/or policy gaps or other business needs analysis and facilitate the development of steps to address any areas of opportunity
- Analyze and interpret metrics or relevant data to provide business insights, support new cross-functional business improvement initiatives, make data-driven process improvement decisions, and assess impact of completed improvements
- Proactively research, learn and apply best practice process improvement techniques and tools
- Evaluate business improvement projects submitted to the PPG; consult with business areas to refine project scope, requirements, vendor considerations, issue and risk assessment and costs/ resource estimates to prepare for PPG review
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS in business, life sciences, engineering, or related degree
- 6 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in process improvement or equivalent role
- Project Management (PMP) or Process Improvement certification preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or similar preferred
- Ability to distill complex issues and topics into simple terms for improved stakeholder clarity and understanding
- Ability to look beyond the obvious and focus on finding innovative solutions
- Create an inclusive, supportive team culture
- Actively manage project tradeoffs involving scope, timing, and resources
- Exhibit expertise in formal process improvement methodologies such as Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma
- Help project stakeholders understand and plan for the impact of change on the organization
- Demonstrate familiarity with strategic planning tools such as value mapping and can take a complete organization perspective when planning for improvement initiatives