73 Digital Drive Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Maintenance Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs alarm monitoring, alarm response, utility operations, and routine monitoring required for GxP production activities and support.
- Responsible for actions resulting in safe, reliable, and consistent delivery of utilities.
- Key utility systems required for GxP production and support are RO, WFI, Waste Neutralization, HVAC, CDA, Steam, Heating Hot Water, Gases, and Power.
- Interface cross-functionally with Instrumentation, Engineering, Compliance, EHS&S, Automation, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Reliability, and Maintenance as part of routine activities.
- This is a swing shift position, may be required to work other shifts to ensure operational continuity.
- Maintain positive relationships with key utility end users.
- Represent the functional area in meetings and compliance activities.
- Maintain integrated working relationships with key internal customers and cross-functional support groups.
- Engage with key customers on an ongoing basis to identify changing needs.
- Engage and interface with cross-functional groups for support and collaboration to resolve emergency, urgent, and non-standard issue.
- Oversee vendors and contractors to ensure quality and effectiveness of services and deliverables.
- Perform remove from service, return to service, and system release activities.
- Monitor equipment operation via multiple software applications and automated systems.
- Regulate equipment and conditions to identify operational standards.
- Perform effective and clear intragroup and intergroup shift pass downs and issue turnover.
- Ensure effective and clear utility system status updates to all stakeholders.
- Communicate operational changes to stakeholders via standardized communication plans.
- Assist with performing trend evaluations of system operations to detect variations that will adversely impact system reliability and/or efficiency.
- Monitor alignment to the identified utility service level and expected redundancy based on operational capabilities.
- Conduct utility area rounds, and perform routine inspections to ensure inspection readiness.
- Initiate trouble calls to cross-functional support.
- Track alarms to resolution and escalated to the most appropriate trade.
- Participate in developing and reviewing SOPs and work instructions.
- Participate in reviews and assessments for the Utility Operations program for continuous improvement.
- Engage in proper storage, handling, and disposal of chemicals.
- Adhere to LOTO procedures.
- Engage in safe behavior within the utility areas.
- Active member of the company Emergency Response Team.
Summary of Qualifications:
- College degree (Associates/Bachelors), Technical Certification, military technical training, or equivalent experience that provides knowledge, skills, and the abilities required to appropriately perform the scope of responsibilities.
- 1-2 years’ experience related to utility and/or process equipment operation, maintenance, reliability, or instrumentation or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience with or experience monitoring alarms and automated controls (desired).
- Basic Cause Mapping course completion within 12 months (required).
- Ability to resolve problems or situations that require exercising tact, diplomacy and sound judgment.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of workable systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to become proficient with CMMS (INFOR preferred).
- Ability to objectively present data and identify key issues among many variables.
- Knowledge of GxP maintenance and operational programs.
- Basic understanding of utility equipment function to support steam, water, gas, and power.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.