Maintenance Mechanic II
660 Forbes Blvd., SSF06 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Maintenance Mechanic II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The maintenance mechanic is responsible for the motor, pump and valve maintenance for specific fermentation and purification equipment
- Must have experience with the maintenance of production equipment, rather than Operational experience.
- All mechanics submitted need to have basic computer skills because they will be inputting into a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMM) where they will manage their work through the computer.
- They must also have working knowledge of email, excel and calendar.
- Maintenance, repair, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting of manufacturing process equipment, support equipment, utility equipment and systems, and HVAC/R equipment and systems.
- Timely completion of tasks and workorders with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, applicable standards, guidelines, practices, and policies.
- Safe operation of tools and shop equipment, and safe execution of work in the field.
- Confined Space Entry in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Drawings.
- Able to communicate good written, verbal skills, aseptic training,
- Able to work in small groups, and independently (teamwork)
- Able to work off hours up to 12hrs shifts
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Good documentation practices
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP' s)
- Able to lift at least 35lbs
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an industrial maintenance or operation environment is required
- Documented completion of technical or trade courses is a plus.
- Working knowledge of various pumps, mechanical seals, motors, and laboratory equipment (such as autoclaves and washers)
- Ability to safely operate shop equipment
- Confined Space Entry capable and willing in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Drawings
- Ability to complete tasks by following Standard Operating Procedures
- Basic computer skills, with the ability to utilize programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as email