1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Summary of Responsibilities
- Initiates RFQ' s (request for quotes) process daily and as assigned. Manage timely receipt of quotes from vendors.
- Update requisitions with delivery dates/lead times, and relevant notes or blocking comments; information necessary to communicate status of material.
- Sources materials from a list of preferred vendors. Develop and maintain vendor relationships. Update purchasing info records related to sourcing activities.
- Processes POs (Purchase Order) in a timely manner and obtain PO acknowledgements from Suppliers. Update POs with delivery dates/lead times, and relevant notes necessary to communicate status of material.
- Monitors open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries (OTD), alert Storeroom, Planning, and/or management as needed of any potential issues.
- Utilizes MRP System to procure materials consistent with quality and delivery expectations.
- Tracks in-transit material as required identifying and addressing any potential delivery issues.
- Reviews and execute Return-to-Vendor requests as required. Manage process to ensure credit memos or replacement materials are received.
- Addresses invoice resolution activities in a timely manner related to blocked/parked invoices.
- Timely resolution of POs in blocked status; Review and resolve non-conformances, packing slip and certificate of compliance issues in a timely manner Resolution with internal partners and external suppliers required.
- Communicates/escalates any engineering or quality changes observed to vendors and Genentech groups for evaluation.
- Helps manage and communicate vendor performance to ensure on time deliveries and adherence to quality specifications.
- Responsible for understanding all areas of the business rules involving order processing, inventory, purchasing, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and related accounting impacts to operations.
- Works closely with other Buyers, Inventory Analyst, & Receiving to maintain adequate inventory levels and customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in buying/planning aspects of an integrated ERP environment, preferably with SAP.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Purchasing and Vendor Management.
- Associates degree preferred or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supply Chain or Material Management experience, with spare parts knowledge a plus.
- Professional certifications (CPIM, CSCP, ISM, APICS) preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard concepts and practices in Purchasing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such material masters, material specifications, material drawings, vendor certificates, etc. Identify assembly versus components of an assembly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various MRP types and impact to inventory level.
- Ability to write routine correspondence with vendors. Ability to accurately describe technical or material master discrepancies observed between Genentech requirements and vendor supplied materials.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers, vendors, and internal partners.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.