1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Logistics Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Logistics Specialists are responsible for the execution of material logistics in a cGMP environment.
- This includes hazardous raw material receiving, sampling, storage, mixing, and issuance.
- Responsibilities include performing data entry into various databases and ensuring department compliance with policies and procedures.
- Logistics Specialists perform activities in predominately a warehouse environment.
- Using manual labor, motorized and manual pallet jacks, and forklifts; unload delivery trucks, move and store material.
- Strictly complying with procedures; perform aseptic and general sampling of raw materials.
- Perform physical counts of material.
- Compute quantities and unit of measure conversions.
- Verify manufacturer and labels and other documentation against material.
- Access various databases and input data with a high level of accuracy.
- maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Accurately pull and issue material in support of Manufacturing, Quality, and R & D needs.
- Perform environmental checks, record creation, record collection, and record storage.
- Using various levels of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), prepare, apply, and dispense various cleaning solutions.
- In a clean-room environment, wearing PPE and using various measuring devices: carefully follow recipes in combining and/or dispensing hazardous raw materials.
- Perform department related project activity that may include investigating, analyzing, formulating possible solutions, documenting processes, and communicating results.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA or BS with concentration in Life or Physical sciences preferred. (May substitute with extensive inventory management or Bio/Pharma industry experience.)
- Warehouse Inventory Experience.
- cGMP Experience is highly preferred (Regulatory environment).
- ERP Systems at the floor level.