10188 Telesis Court, Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92121 | Contract-to-Hire
Position: Senior Linux Administrator
Client Industry: Health care IT
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Number of positions: 2
Our client in San Diego is looking to hire 2 Senior Linux Administrators to their Systems Engineering team. In this role, you will be required to administer and support core Red Hat Linux, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, AWS and Oracle Cloud based technologies.
- Ensure that the systems are running efficiently. This includes fixing network design issues, issuing upgrades, maintaining and monitoring them.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of infrastructure – both hardware and software for DEV and QA environments.
- Ability to work in close association with development and operations teams.
- Be able to provide assistance to project teams with technical issues.
- Install new and re-build existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, directories, settings etc.
- Develop and maintain scripts for automating infrastructure provisioning.
- Design and maintain server configuration and “ as is” built documentation.
- Automate scripting for a hands-off environment.
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement network security measures.
- Perform daily system monitoring to ensure integrity and availability of all hardware and server resources.
- Perform daily back-up operations and monitor systems regularly for intrusions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Linux Administrator role.
- Advanced skills in Bash Shell scripting.
- Current certification in at least one of the following:
- GCUX: GCUX: GIAC Certified UNIX Security Administrator.
- Linux+ (CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI)
- LPI (Linux Professional Institute) Certifications.
- Oracle Linux OCA & OCP.
- Red Hat RHCSA, RHCE & RHCA
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical degree.