Life Science Research Professional II
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Life Science Research Professional II to be part of our client’ s team in Palo Alto. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Life Science Research Professional II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a highly motivated Life Science Research Professional with molecular background to join our highly multidisciplinary group in the University Protein and Nucleic Acid (PAN) Facility in the Beckman Center for a temporary assignment.
- The Beckman Center’ s PAN facility is a multifaceted biotechnology core facility providing access to key tools and applications to researchers throughout University and other research institutions, both non-profit and biopharmaceutical.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for executing genomic technology and molecular/cellular biology experiments as well as participate in general lab maintenance.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and thorough, and be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent education required.
- Experience and excellent hands-on skills in cell and molecular techniques such as PCR techniques (qPCR) and Sanger sequencing including data analysis.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing technology including library preparation for sequencing on the Illumina platform is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
- Meticulous and accurate record keeping.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and implement new methods.