Life Science Research Professional I
279 Campus Drive West, Beckman Center Palo Alto, CA 94305
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Life Science Research Professional I to be part of our client’ s team in Palo Alto. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Life Science Research Professional I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist with laboratory oversight, including preparation of reagents, management of supplies, instrument scheduling and usage tracking/accounting
- Assist with flow cytometry instrument maintenance, repair, and daily QC
- Supervise equipment end-users and provide basic instruction on operation and facility policies
- Learn new scientific approaches and apply learned skill to assist researchers to complete experiments on flow cytometry instrumentation
- Appropriately setup experiment on analyzer and sorters
- Assist users with design and planning of experiments
- Apply hands-on experience to guide experimental design and analysis for researchers
- Assist with experiment troubleshooting and provide guidance on optimization
- Utilize analytical software (e.g., FlowJo) for analysis of experimental data
- Work with staff and university departments to ensure lab compliance with all health and safety requirements
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor' s Degree
- One year of experience with flow cytometry OR 2 years’ experience in a related field
- General comprehension of scientific principles
- Must be enthusiastic; great with people
- General computer skills – including use of basic spreadsheet, ability to quickly master computer programs, including databases, web-based programs, and scientific applications
- Ability to work under deadlines and independently manage an appointment schedule is essential
- Physical Requirement:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders, sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
- Position may require repetitive motion.