Labware Technician (MOLS)
645 E Grand Ave., SSF48 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Labware Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the Lab Services department by working effectively within the group to meet department goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks, which include cleaning, sterilizing, and prepping labware.
- Have knowledge of basic computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Adhere to SOPs, cGMPs and other established procedures. Prioritize tasks and assignments to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Assigned Work and Support Tasks
- Ensure distribution satellites are maintained with required inventory levels utilizing FIFO (First In-First Out).
- Assist Lab Services Technicians as necessary.
- Update labware deliveries on request system daily and complete assigned support tasks on time.
- Provide routine updates to Supervisor/leads on progress, status, and issues associated with labware delivery and stock inventory status.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and 5S as assigned.
- Adjust to schedule changes, work overtime as necessary and float between groups as needed to support operations.
- Ensure that all work is completed by end of day.
- Utilize time wisely to maximize productivity.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and lab staff.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet timeline commitments and inform others of status, issues, and customer requests as necessary.
- Be punctual.
- Adheres to appropriate laws, regulations and programs, and GMP documentation procedures.
- Adhere to safety. Follow safety guidelines as required for your area.
- Maintain own training through company learning system and attend at least 1 GMP training course per year.
- May operate lab process equipment as necessary.
- Will drive a company vehicle
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum HS diploma with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Entry-level graduates with AA or BS/BA are highly encouraged to apply.
- Must have demonstrated experience working within teams.
- Able to take constructive feedback and adjust to changes in business needs
- Able to offer productive and relevant views and information to impact decisions
- Responds to new requests with appropriate urgency and an organized approach
- Position will be 100% onsite in SSF M-F on swing shift 12: 30pm-9: 00pm.