Laboratory Technician I
2801 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Laboratory Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Laboratory Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Client is developing a revolutionary, low cost single-molecule DNA sequencer that can potentially improve the lives of people in a wide variety of ways including timely screening for diseases and diagnosis of various cancers.
- Prepare consumable devices for sequencing experiments using wet lab and good manufacturing techniques
- Follow appropriate safety procedures while handling hazardous chemicals such as hydrofluoric acid and ethanol
- Work in a clean room environment while adhering to PPE requirements
- Put together small assemblies consisting of electronic components and fluidic chambers
- Assist engineers in development and testing of prototypes or new processes
- Support daily manufacturing operations including troubleshooting and resolving problems with equipment, devices or materials
- Ensure labs have necessary supplies to run experiments, which includes chemical surface preparation of materials and assembling small parts
- Track reagents and materials used in experiments and assemblies
- Keep inventory of supplies and ensure a healthy stock of materials at all times
- Certify incoming material is inspected and meets known standards
- Assist lab personnel with miscellaneous needs
- Troubleshoot issues regarding equipment preparation as they arise
Summary of Qualifications:
- A.A. or B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience
- Solid wet lab skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills and able to keep lab and materials in order
- Stamina to perform repetitive tasks
- Experience following or developing QC procedures and parameters
- Ability to troubleshoot and conduct failure analysis on failed materials or parts
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
- Experience writing and following SOPs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Experience working in a clean room, pilot plant or manufacturing facility
- LEAN or 5S Manufacturing experience a plus