Laboratory Technician I
6755 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Laboratory Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in the San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Lab Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Operating laboratory equipment such as balances, water systems, filtration equipment, peristaltic pumps, laminar flow hoods, pH meters, conductivity meters and others.
- Maintain accurate documentation including preparation records, testing records, equipment use records.
- Perform work according to applicable Operating Procedures, Test Procedures, Forms, Safety Guidelines and current best practices.
- Maintain chemical and lab supplies inventory, perform routine laboratory housekeeping in the media prep lab.
- Investigate and solve problems as needed in media preparation and internal customer issues.
- Participate in projects to improve service, quality, and efficiency of the media prep team.
- Communicate own work effectively.
- Occasional weekend work determined by project and experiment demand.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school degree, entry-level position
- Associates/bachelor’ s degree or biotechnology vocational training is a plus
- Prefer 6 months to one-year experience in a solution-prepping environment.
- Strong communication and organization skills; be able to multi-task; be highly self-motivated, flexible, be able to collaborate and work effectively in teams.
- Demonstration of a high regard for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Hands on experience with aseptic techniques and Mammalian cell culture is a plus.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and a good mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must.