Laboratory Support Tech I/II
5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Laboratory Support Tech I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Laboratory Support Tech I/II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support designated laboratory areas used by engineers and scientists.
- Works with Lab Support Coordinator to oversee all lab activities.
- Support lab documentation to ensure Quality, Safety and departmental compliance.
- Manage laboratory consumables inventory, purchasing, stocking and reporting. Ensures all lab supplies available when needed.
- Assist in Coordinating equipment owners across departments to obtain and send out measurement and test equipment/instrumentation for calibration by external service providers.
- Provide assets induction service using the RAM (Blue Mountain System) for equipment onboarding equipment.
- Ensures OOT events are report in a timely manner and that all necessary documentation is available to facilitate closure of the associated deviation investigations.
- Performs miscellaneous PM’ s and inspections on lab instruments.
- Knowledge of all safety precautions necessary for working in a laboratory environment to include work with chemicals, equipment (mechanical and electrical) and biological samples
- Ability to recognize when an instrument, procedure, or piece of equipment is not functioning properly and notify CLS, department lead or supervisor
- Must be able to follow company safety policies, clean room protocol and housekeeping documentation
- Must be a self-starter with service and detail orientation and have strong organizational skills
- Must have basic computer skills, including email and internet browsing
- Be knowledgeable of and able to notify the assigned first point of contact in emergency situations in the absence of other employee(s); i.e., water leaks, power failures
Summary of Qualifications:
- Formal Training/Education:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience is highly desired.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 2+ years of post-high school education desirable.
- Medical vocational training desirable.
- 1+ year of laboratory or medical experience working in BSL 2 Environment with blood borne pathogen and clean room practices.
- Experience and knowledge of biohazardous waste disposal and chemical waste disposal legal requirements, and with the proper handling of chemicals and hazardous waste.
- Experience working in an expanding, fast-paced, high complexity laboratory preferred.
- Janitorial experience working in a clean room environment preferred.