Lab Technician Operations II
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Lab Technician Operations II to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Lab Technician Ops. II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The client’ s mission is to make genetic information universally available. Our proprietary integrated circuits and NanoTag chemistry enable massively parallel single-molecule DNA sequencing. This versatile nanopore-based platform allows for single molecule, electrical, real-time analysis without the need for complicated optics, labels, amplification, or fluidics. By developing a true integrated circuit on standard semiconductor process technology, the client sequencing platform enables the use of molecular diagnostics in everyday clinical care.
- As lab Technician, you will be helping to perform lab experiments and analyze data to drive development of our sequencing technology.
- The successful candidate must be excited about learning new concepts from biology, chemistry, physics, and some engineering and applying them to an interdisciplinary project.
- The candidate will be doing repetitive tasks, such as reagent formulation per defined protocol therefore should be detail oriented and has strong record keeping and communication skills.
- The candidate should also have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, along with some experimental design experience.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Can perform experiments in lab
- Has familiarity with pipetting and other molecular biology techniques
- Knowledgeable in basic engineering
- Feels comfortable with data analysis and scientific scripting
- Will help in development and validation of new assays of reagents used for the client’ s sequencing platform
Summary of Qualifications:
- A.A. or B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques. Chemistry or biophysics background is a plus. Any experience with surface chemistry, lipid chemistry, electrochemistry, signal processing, electrical engineering, semiconductors, polymerase or membrane proteins, programming, or with other sequencing technologies is a plus
- Previous experience working on a long-term, lab-based project (academic experience) is acceptable
- Familiarity with scientific programming
- Demonstrated ability to work with several different disciplines
- Experience with data analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of the Unix environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid wet lab skills and experience (biology and chemistry)