Lab Operations Assistant
791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Lab Operations Assistant, to be part of our client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Lab Operations Assistant:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining Research laboratory equipment (including day to day user maintenance, calibration, and preventative maintenance), along with the laboratory manager and service vendors
- Assist with the installation of new lab equipment
- Lab Glassware washing and stocking
- Waste Management
- General Lab Stocking
- Autoclaving supplies and specialized tools
- Certification and calibration of various analytical equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and coordinate the repair of lab equipment when necessary
- Provide inventory management, in coordination with supporting vendors, and internal customers
- Provide general lab support, straighten and maintain laboratories, maintain lab coat inventory
- Performs duties as assigned in conjunction with Laboratory Operations Manager
- H.S. and 6+ related years’ experience or AA degree and 5+ years related experience or BA degree and 0 – 2 years of experience.
- Experience in a laboratory setting and understanding of laboratory environment
- Strong communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and interacting.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible, forward-thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Experience driving tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Experience with biological instrumentation.