San Francisco, CA 94110
San Francisco, CA
This role works closely with finance, operations, facilities, and the rest of the purchasing team to process orders, inventory supplies, track orders and deliveries, interact with vendors, negotiate price and implement internal material tracking systems. Similarly, the person in this role will be expected to optimize process and seek out cost-saving and time-saving measures wherever possible.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Bachelor’ s degree with an emphasis in Purchasing Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Must have strong customer service spirit, project planning, and project management skills with a drive to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in GSuite tools.
- 1-2 years of contract negotiations and administration in tech, biotech, or medical environment.
- Be able to track a huge number of orders using a variety of tools including shared inboxes.
- Strong attention to detail and display a sense of urgency.
- Hands-on experience to analyze data and convert into actionable strategies and tasks.
- Ability to work independently once given clear direction; has strong interpersonal skills, and communicates clearly in oral and written form.