Instrumentation Specialist I
640 Forbes Boulevard South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Instrumentation Specialist I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Instrumentation Specialist I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Lead Instrument Technician will be accountable to utilize their skills and experience to achieve the safe and accurate completion of tasks on their assigned shift in supportof plant operations.
- Timely completion of tasks and work orders with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, applicable standards, guidelines, practices, and policies.
- Safe operation of tools and shop equipment, and safe execution of work in the field.
- Computer skill level appropriate to navigate and use corporate intranet and related applications, CMMS/CCMS, and standard word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Assist in the creation or modification of technical documents.
- Ability to interact and communicate appropriately with Manufacturing, Quality, Technology, Engineering, and other departments to ensure satisfactory performance of instruments and systems.
- Represent Maintenance Operations on multidisciplinary project teams and make presentations as required.
- Installation, calibration, troubleshooting and modification of process control instruments or systems, laboratory instruments and analyzers, and support utilities.
- Programming/configuration of microprocessor-based equipment (PLCs, DCS, smart devices, etc.)
- Assistance with systems start-up and validation
- Collection and organization of technical data from equipment manufacturers,
equipment users, and engineering personnel.
- Assistance with identification, purchase, and organization of spare parts.
- Demonstrated proficiency to monitor, trend and analyze data to make corrections or recommendations.
- Lead and train lower level crafts persons in skills necessary to become proficient. Assist management in task/personnel coordination.
- Represent Genentech during factory acceptance testing (FAT) of equipment to be supported, maintained, or calibrated.
- Other tasks as assigned by Instrument Services management.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and one of the following.
- Completion of an Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics (2-year) curriculum at a technical school with 3 years experience as an instrument or electronics technician.
- AA/AS Degree in a related science or engineering major with 3 years experience as an instrument or electronics technician.
- Completion of equivalent military training with 3 years experience as an instrument or electronics technician.
- 5 years in manufacturing process instrumentation and control and/or analytical instrumentation or a closely related job.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, engineering documents and schematics.
- Highly skilled in 1 trade discipline; knowledge and application of 3 others.
- Thorough knowledge of ISA standards and practices for instrumentation.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation and systems.