2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Inspector Trainee to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Inspector Trainee is the entry level position in the Quality department. The primary responsibilities are to provide low-level inspections in the sheet metal or machining divisions, and to develop expertise in sheet metal and/or machined parts, reading prints and CAD files, and the use of inspection tools.
- Performs some or all of the duties below under direct, close supervision.
- Inspect product at receiving and incoming inspection from suppliers, specifically plating and custom made parts using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Inspect product In-Process (1st Piece) supplied by the operator. Inspector checks the product against the print, work order (notes) and other pertinent documentation using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Advises operator of deviations found upon inspection.
- Performs “ Lot” inspection on product “ ready to” move to the next operation. Will check the product against the print, work order (notes) and other pertinent documentation using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Create and compile quality records as defined by the Quality Management System and/or by Customer specific requirements.
- Record inspection results into “ Shopfloor” Software, which is linked to Visual Manufacturing. Moves materials using carts, pallet jacks, and/or forklift. Cleans work area and other parts of the shop as directed. Other duties as assigned.
- The Inspector Trainee interacts with other inspectors, operators, shift supervisors, and other QA personnel.
- Primary supervision provided by the Quality Manager. The position may take direction and receive training from higher level inspectors. This position does not supervise others.
- This position requires a minimum of 1year manufacturing fabrication or inspection or other experience which indicates mechanical aptitude and potential ability as an inspector.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A good understanding of arithmetic, plus some familiarity with trigonometry. Demonstrated ability to understand visual representations of parts. Computer literate. Moderate ability to communicate verbally in English, to understand technical directions on blueprints, travelers, and computer.
- Some assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Medium work” and some may involve “ Heavy Work” as defined below.
- The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Suggested Competence Testing
- Candidate must pass the company’ s Inspection test.
- The Sheet Metal Quality Manager shall determine competence by: Interview and review of an applicant' s resume and/or application form Testing the Applicant in mechanical aptitude and potential for using Measuring Tools (Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gage and Test Indicator).